"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Feeling proud of myself!

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Feeling proud of myself!

After a fairly lazy few days due to horrendous weather and a packed social calendar I decided that I must get back with the programme today!!!  I woke up this morning exhausted but still buzzing from seeing Take That in Sunderland yesterday - they were FANTASTIC!  Anyhow, I decided to bite the bullet and go for a run this morning even though the weather was still a bit dodgy, enough of making excuses!!

I set my ipod up with the "Keep on running" album I have recently downloaded and set off to warm-up with a 5 minute walk! When I went into my "run" mode I was surprised how easily I settled into it and got lost in my music.  I was chuffed that I managed my first ever 3 mile run whilst running!!!!  (no sneaky walking when noone around,which is my usual falldown!).  Now I know I can do the distance I need to improve my speed before advancing into more miles!

I arrived home feeling energised and motivated and enjoying jumping into a nice hot shower, after running in the rain!

After lunch the sun came out which inspired me to get on my bike!!  I still felt trepidation at risking my life again on my new bike, but it has to be done!!   I was excited to discover a new found confidence and I didn't feel nearly as vulnerable as I did the first couple of times I went out on it! I even discovered I could work the brakes and mastered the right hand gears - just need to suss the left hand gears now!!!  I managed a 23 mile ride and it was the first time I felt enpowered by my new machine!!!  Here's to many more rides ....!

No comments:

Post a Comment