"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 28 - CHIT RUN!

Saturday 28 January 2012

Janathon Day 28 - CHIT RUN!

Well that was a CHIT run - cold, hilly, icy, tiring!

I woke up feeling slightly nauseous this morning after a having a meal out with friends last night washed down by a few too many bottles of vino!

The sky was blue, the ground was frosty  and I decided it would be a good idea to run off my hangover and sweat it out!

I layered up, and set off.  It was colder than I expected and a lot colder than it has been recently and initially my breathing didn't feel very controlled, but my body must have adapted because my chest soon loosened up!


I hadn't planned my route but decided to head out on the roads that I can't venture out to in the dark!  However, once I got out of town it proved to be slightly hazardous as there was lots of frozen puddles and icy patches! My pace was slow today because the hills were too hilly, the downs were too slippery and I didn't want to end janathon on crutches! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).

The only good thing about this run was getting home!

Funnily enough I had just been reading an article about increasing race pace and one recommendation was to run more hills during training as this works the same muscles that are needed for sprinting - I had no intention of running a hilly route today but did so by default! Roads never seem hilly in the car! So as I definitely felt the burn today (also recommended by this article!) next time I run I will perhaps be super fast!!  My left buttock is currently not very impressed with me!

Everyone else must have been staying warm today as I didn't see any fellow runners!

I was exhausted and hungry when I staggered home, and any silly thoughts about doing a full marathon this year were quickly erased!

I was chuffed to have run over 9 miles, albeit rather slowly! My longest janathon run to date!  Whooooo hoooo!

As we near the end of Janathon I would like to encourage any readers to humour me and make a comment on my blog, just to confirm that I'm not talking to myself in cyberland as well as in real life!! PLEASE!


Running Miles today: 9.43
Time: 1 hour 37 minutes 18 seconds
Average pace: 10.19
Average speed: 5.8 MPH












Total Janathon Running miles:  140.18
Total Janathan Walking miles: 30.53
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 174.91 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 
























1 comment:

  1. youre almost there, little bit more effort and it will all be over and soon forgotten

    ReplyDelete