"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I survived the first day back!

Monday 20 February 2012

I survived the first day back!

First day back to school AND a Monday morning - not a good combination but I survived the ordeal!  I decided in the holidays that I was going to leave the car at home and WALK to school for the rest of the term in preparation for the K2B walk - every little helps as they say!  Just typical that I woke up this morning (actually I was woken up by an annoying bleeping in my ear!) to find it was raining!  BUT that wasn't going to stop me. I had already told my daughter her taxi service was cancelled until further notice, so I was determined to stick to it!


Apart from the rain I quite enjoyed the brisk walk and got to school feeling far more awake (if not a little warm!) than usual! The day didn't go too badly when you consider the little darling's had 2 wet playtimes and a wet lunch time to contend with! Fingers crossed we get a little bit of dry weather for the rest of the week!



In my Half Marathon Training Programme 
today is a rest day (apparently the most important day of the week!) - and that's exactly what I have done, apart from my short walking commute to work!  It felt very strange to have the whole evening stretched out in front of me with no plan of action in mind, especially since I haven't had any muscle soreness (very surprisingly) from yesterdays long run, but the programme says rest so rest I did!  Well sort of - I tackled an ironing pile the size of Mount Everest and feel quite smug about it!


So what lies in store for me tomorrow?  Well according to the bible Half Marathon Training plan I'm supposed to do Interval training tomorrow BUT real life might just get in the way as my daughter has an "A" Level options evening, so I will have to see what, when and if I can fit a run in!

No comments:

Post a Comment