"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Speed Walking ...

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Speed Walking ...

I decided tonight that not only do I need to make friends with hills I also need to get my walking speed up if I want to hit my sub 9 hour goal for the K2B walk in less than 3 weeks time! So I set off with a target of 10 miles in mind in a target time of 2 hours 15 minutes!  At around 6 miles I did the maths and realised I had no hope of hitting my target if I didn't move myself so I started running down the hills, then once I got into running mode I found it hard to revert back to walking!  One problem I experienced tonight that was really annoying me was my shoelaces kept coming undone.  However well I tied them they seem to find a way to undo themselves to stop me in my stride GGGrrrrrrr!  Anyway at 10 miles I was a couple of minutes off target and by the time I got home I had done 11.67 miles in 2 hours 36 minutes average pace 13.24 minute miles.  If I want to achieve my sub 9 I need to do more running and less walking ...  Maybe this is going to be harder than I first thought! 


Time to use the same strategy I used to get my sub 2 at Liverpool! POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE 
I am going to display my target time on my blog so every time I log on I see it and convince myself  I CAN!!


You can view today's walk  here.



No comments:

Post a Comment