"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: End of the month ...

Thursday 31 May 2012

End of the month ...

Well it's got to the end of the month again so how is 2012 miles in 2012 going?  


I haven't been very motivated with running this month - the Keswick to Barrow walking event seemed to take over, and then since completing that I have been using the excuses that I am recovering/resting aka slobbing!


This became apparent last night when I ran a 10K race I had entered whilst full of enthusiasm and found it excruciatingly hard!!! It proved that I need to commit to running more to succeed as I ran just this race slower than my last 10K, and didn't achieve my goal time of a sub 0.54 minut  Times are supposed to come down not go up!


Anyhow I have Juneathon to inspire me starting tomorrow and two 10K races booked in June to train for so here's hoping I get back into full training mode!


May Running Total: 41.48 miles
May Walking Total: 104.02 miles
May Cycling Total: 67.73 miles


To be on Target= 838 miles for the year so far!

Actual Mileage Achieved to date:


         3 sports (Run, Walk & Cycle) =  946.23 miles    =  1065.77 Miles Remaining
                            2 sports (Run & Walk)  =   792.70 miles     = 1219.30  Miles Remaining
                            Just Running =  438.08 miles  =  1573.92 Miles Remaining    

As you can see from my totals I haven't a hope of achieving running alone, but I may just scrape through if I try harder running and walking!!!

So I will set myself a running/walking/cycling target of 280 miles!  Did I really say that many?  Not sure whether this is realistic or not but hey-ho I will give it a go!



I will be blogging (hopefully) every day in June to successfully complete Juneathon so keep tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment