"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Trying to get back into it!

Friday 19 April 2013

Trying to get back into it!

After running Edinburgh Rock n Roll Half Marathon last weekend I have felt exhausted (probably a mix of running and being back at school after Easter!) and my ankle has felt sore.

All week I have used the "resting my ankle" excuse for not moving off the sofa!  Last night I dragged myself to Pilate's and had a good stretch and although it was hard work I enjoyed it!  Today has been a glorious sunny day and when I got home from work I fleetingly thought about running ... but it soon passed! 

Isn't it funny when I couldn't run all I could think about is running and became quite severely depressed about the fact I couldn't run... now I can run I have no motivation and all I want to do is drink coffee and eat biscuits!  


Anyhow by 5 O' Clock I started to feel guilty for missing such a  wonderful opportunity to run in the sun (and for devouring half a packet of chocolate digestives) and told myself to get a grip and get out there!

Before I could change my mind I was in my running gear and heading out the door.

Once the incredibly hard first mile was done I started to enjoy being out running and managed 5.62 miles in 54 minutes - the route can be seen here. 

I feel fantastic for forcing myself to go!  I will get back to being a runner!  My ankle didn't bother me at all whilst running and fingers crossed it won't bother me later either!

I have a glass of wine and ice as my reward! 

Well I have a glass of wine down my throat and ice on my foot -  in my opinion its a crime to dilute wine with ice!



Here's to my next run on Sunday!

Only 26 weeks to go until my next Marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment