"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: TIME IS UP!

Monday 2 September 2013

TIME IS UP!

Its the start of week 17 of what is supposed to be my marathon training period, but hey-ho I am still injured so still no running for me at the moment!

And to add insult to injury I am back to school tomorrow! Yikes!  Where did the last 6 weeks disappear to?  I don't feel like I have had the Summer off!


With only 7 weeks to go until the Yorkshire Marathon my longest run this year is 13.1 miles! Where on earth am I going find the extra 13.1 miles on the day?!  This time last year in my marathon training I was up to 20 miles! 

There is nothing I can do about it until my leg is healed - and even then I will have to take it nice and slow or I will be back to square one!

So on my last day of freedom I decided to go swimming! It was a nice suprise to arrive at the local pool at 11 O clock to be told there was a £1 swim special on.  Part of me wanted to jump up and punch the air and shout "yes!" whilst another part of me imagined the pool swimming with swimmers!! 

things are.............  looking up!However, I needn't of fretted!  Once I got in the pool there was only 5 others in so I got a lane all to myself!  I swam 60 lengths front crawl without any pain or discomfort in my leg so things are looking up! 

I wonder ... can I run a marathon off the back of swimming?

Anyhow, with feeling fairly stressed about setting foot back in the classroom tomorrow after more than 6 weeks away I decided it might be a good idea to go to Yoga to stretch and relax!

So at 6pm I hotfooted it to my local class, and boy did I stretch! I came out feeling like I had grown several inches!  It made me realise just have inflexible I have become even though I have been doing Pilates! I think I will need to add more Yoga to the schedule!

Tonight I got my confirmation e-mail through from the the English Half Marathon in Warrington confirming my 2013 place has been deferred until 2014.  This has upset me even though I know its the right thing to do - just feel disappointed and that I have let myself down!  

2014 could be a busy year - I now have 3 Half Marathons already!

Only 12 days until the Great North Run - whether I run, walk, crawl or cry - I WILL be doing it and I WILL be finishing!  






No comments:

Post a Comment