"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I'm getting there!

Tuesday 8 October 2013

I'm getting there!

Tonight I was exhausted when I got in from work after a particularly bad night sleep topped off with a busy day at work.

I put off going for my run until after 6pm, when I gave myself a good talking to!  I was starting to fear that I was becoming exercise phobic! 

However, I refused to listen to that inner voice and eventually I had managed to put on my trainers and head out the door. 

I made a deal with myself.  If after the first mile I wasn't feeling it I could return home!  After the first mile I was beginning to remember why I love running and for the first run in a long time I wasn't suffering any pain!

My little gander down the street turned into a 4.8 mile run! 

I felt great and could have kept on going (just like Forest Gump!) ... but the sensible voice inside told me to take it gradually, so I reluctantly headed home!

Here's hoping that the worst is over and I am back!  YIPPEE!!!

4 weeks until my next planned race - fingers crossed I actually get to run in this one!!!

Tonight's run can be seen here!

No comments:

Post a Comment