"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I'm sooooo EXCITED ....

Tuesday 28 January 2014

I'm sooooo EXCITED ....

I got up this morning and did my usual housewifey chores before settling down to check my e-mails with a coffee in hand!  



This morning I was delighted to have received an e-mail with my race number for Barcelona Half Marathon!  


Less then 3 weeks to go now and this makes it really real!!!

After getting over the excitement of receiving this, I went running with the tri club for my usual Tuesday night torture hour!

I always feel really nervous before I go as I never know whether it will be full of the super fast ironman triathletes or if I will be joined by other "wanna-be triathletes!".

Thankfully for me there was a nice mix of both speedy types and slower ones so I had company near the back of the pack!

Thankfully the rain had stopped and it turned out to be a lovely clear cold evening.  I think I put too many layers on as I was warm whilst running but you can never tell day to day at this time of year!

We did a mile warm-up, before stretching and doing dynamic moves before getting to the main part of the session!  Tonight's focus was hills!  YIKES!  I always thought I was quite good at "plodding" up hills but some of these guys sprinted to the top faster than I can sprint on the flat!  Something for me to work towards!!

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable and very sociable run and we did approximately 4 miles.

I hope my legs are OK tomorrow as I have rearranged my training plan to fit a long run in as I am busy at the weekend!

18 miles - Bring it on (I hope!)


No comments:

Post a Comment