"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Another brick!

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Another brick!

After getting new tyres on my bike yesterday I decided that I had to test them out before the triathlon on Sunday to make sure everything was fine and dandy.


So this morning off I set with the intention of doing a cycle/run brick session. 

I set the garage up as my transition area with trainers, T shirt and drink etc and off I set to do the triathlon cycle route.

No sooner had I set off and it started to drizzle!  

I hate cycling in the rain but I decided I had to persevere just in case its raining on Sunday!  The roads were relatively quiet and the rain thankfully stayed as a drizzle until the last 3 or so miles when it got fairly heavy!  

When I got back home, after cycling 13 miles I was wet but not to be deterred I threw my bike into the garage, had a few quick slurps of water, changed into my running shoes, took off my wet cycling jacket and put on a dry T Shirt.  Within 2 minutes I was ready to go again back out into the rain!

Although my legs had felt tired at the end of the cycle they didn't feel at all tired during the run and I yet again had a good one! 

Thankfully the rain stopped after the first mile and it actually got out to be fairly warm!  I was pleased I had removed my jacket!

With the cycle and run I did 17.06 miles in 1 hour 34 minutes.

I did the 4 miles running at a 8:23, 8:09, 8:48, 8:27 minute mile pace!

I would be delighted with this pace just on a run without cycling first!

Here's hoping my legs do the same when it matters on Sunday and the swim before it all isn't a step too far!



No comments:

Post a Comment