"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 5 Run 19/64 - First long one in a while!

Friday 8 August 2014

Week 5 Run 19/64 - First long one in a while!

Today my marathon plan stated I was to do a LSR of around 13 miles keeping at a steady pace of between 9:20 to 9:40 minute miles.

With being on holiday I have neglected my long runs recently and haven't done more than 9 miles since the beginning of July!

I was feeling slightly anxious about the distance so decided just to run at a comfortable pace rather than getting too hung up on keeping to a certain pace!

Off I set with my energy drinks and gels and a route in mind.

Unfortunately, it was a very hilly route and it was also a very warm and humid morning so it felt like hard work right from the beginning!

I had to really dig deep to keep going! My legs felt sluggish and heavy and I really struggled.  My pace got slower and slower and I started to feel despondent.

I was relieved when my house came into view!  It was nearly over!

As I approached my house there was a crack of thunder and a flash of lightening and just as I opened my front door the heavens opened and a torrential storm followed!

I was so lucky to have beat the storm - literally by seconds!

I had run 12.91 miles at a average 9:54 minute mile pace!  Much slower than the prescribed pace but at least I had survived!  Half way through I had my doubts that I would live to tell the tale!

I was so exhausted that I had to have a sit down shower!  I didn't even have enough energy to remain upright!

I am beginning to feel slightly stressed about upping my miles!

It's going hurt!


No comments:

Post a Comment