"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 9 - cool down with a swim!

Monday 17 June 2013

Week 9 - cool down with a swim!

It's the start of week 9 of my Marathon Training and I am feeling exhausted!  With a mixture of the race yesterday, along with the heat today and a bad night's sleep last night I am struggling to keep going!

BUT I had a Swimming Training Session booked so I had to keep going!  It was quite nice to get into a cool pool when its been such a hot and muggy day (no sun just the heat!).

My legs were feeling heavy and tired so when the coach reminded me I was moving up a group I pleaded to stay in the slow lane for another week until my legs were feeling better!

Luckily he agreed!

I had a full session including lots of different drills and for the first time ever I realised what he meant by "The catch", perhaps I will start to get faster now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment