"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Just a quickie!

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Just a quickie!

As I said yesterday today was going to be a busy day and I wasn't sure if I would fit a run in, but I did manage to squeeze a quickie in!

However, I failed miserably at walking to work - it was absolutely throwing it down this morning and I really didn't fancy getting drenched and then having to get changed etc., so I opted out and took the car! Hopefully, I WILL walk again tomorrow!

Anyhow, as soon as I got home from work I got changed into my running gear and set off out the door.  Luckily by this point the rain had stopped although it was windy and rather cold! Due to my time restraints I decided to run a short run FAST faster than my usual pace!  I was slightly disappointed when I got home to discover my average pace didn't start with the number 8, but I'm getting there! My splits were 9.05/8.53/8.59/9.02 minutes each mile, so if I speed up my warm up I'm there!

Today's run was 3.69 miles in 33 minutes, my aim is to get faster!

Due to my daughter's "A" Levels options evening I couldn't go to my usual steps class either - believe it or not I do actually miss frantically throwing myself around to music!

So where does this leave me?  Well its 25 days until the Liverpool Half Marathon and I'm slightly confused.  Should I be working on distance or speed?  Oh how things change - when I was training for the Great North Run I was just concerned about doing the distance, this time I'm speed obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment