"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Practise, Practise, Practise!!

Monday 23 April 2012

Practise, Practise, Practise!!

I have decided after Saturday's 10K race that I need to do more hill work!  So in future instead of running away from hills which I must admit I do try and do I am going to look them straight in the eye and go for it!

Tonight I ran 7 miles which I am going to make a regular route.It included a few hills for me to practice on and my aim is to improve the speed I do the route each time I do it (I will try to do this route once a week).  As well as this I am going to try and integrate some hill speed sessions into my regime. It feels good to have a plan of action as I feel like I haven't done anything positive to improve my running, My new mantra is "I will improve my speed!" and more importantly sustain it!!

So I will:


  • Smile and head to the hills - hills are our friends (apparently!)
  • Dig deep and ignore the pain.
  • Breathe!
  • Enjoy and never give up!

Tonight's run can be viewed here!


No comments:

Post a Comment