"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I survived today's run and only 60 days until my first Marathon!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

I survived today's run and only 60 days until my first Marathon!

After my 2 weeks holiday in Turkey I went for a run this morning!  After spending 2 weeks in extreme heat I had it in my head that Britain is cold ... Oh I got it so wrong this morning!

I headed out the door with long pants on and no water!  OMG it was hot and hardwork!  I hadn't run in 15 days and was feeling slightly daunted about the pain that lay ahead since I managed to put on 5.5 pounds in 2 weeks by pure piggerism and slobbishness!!  I was worried all my previous hard work would have been wasted and my pace would be back down BUT I was pleasantly surprised that I managed 5 miles at a pace of 8.55 min/mile compared with 
8.37 min/mile the day before I went - so not too much slower!  Perhaps if I had worn more suitable clothing and I had taken a drink I might have managed the same pace!

Maybe participating in the hotels Aqua aerobics twice a day helped me maintain some fitness or my legs were just fresh, frustrated and ready to go!


To view today's run click here!

Now moving swiftly onto the next chapter in my life ... my first ever marathon is getting closer - only 60 days to go! But before that I have 3 half marathons to run, the first being in 3 weeks time at Fleetwood so need to keep the training going to get the PB I'm chasing of a sub1 hour 57 minutes which is a pace of 8:55, same as today's pace! Just need to maintain it now for 13 miles! 


YEAH! My replacement came!  Happy Bunny!
Today has been a very exciting day for me ... first the postman delivered 2 things which made me smile.  My Great North Run number and timing chip AND my replacement Garmin watch after the other one (which I only got at Christmas!) went faulty on me just before my holidays!  I have felt lost without it - but the timing was perfect - with being on holiday I wasn't without it long and Wiggle were fabulous about the exchange - no problems at all! Can't wait to use it tomorrow! :-)

 Then there has been the excitement of the triathlon and cycling in the Olympics!  God it inspired me to definitely give a duathlon a go sometime and later this week I am going to combine cycling with my running training just to see what it feels like running after cycling!  I bet its a strange sensation!


Last year in the GNR I started in white Zone G, this year I have advanced to Orange Zone D, so perhaps I won't be competing with banana's and sharks for space this time! Bring it on!

It's strange that this is the last of 3 half marathons I have entered and its the only one I have received a number for!


No comments:

Post a Comment