"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I haven't been lazy - honest!

Friday 21 September 2012

I haven't been lazy - honest!

You might think I have been resting since the GNR on Sunday but I haven't I just haven't had time to blog!

I allowed myself a rest day on Monday but since then I've been back on the programme training hard! With only 15 days to go until Chester Marathon I can't afford to relax!

On Tuesday I did a 5.62 mile slow recovery run which can be viewed here!

On Wednesday the programme said Hill Training so you've guessed it - I ran up and down the same hill like a maniac!  There was an elderly gentleman walking up this hill at a very slow pace and when I had run past him for the third time he said "There's a lot of women in a hurry tonight!" - he obviously didn't realise it was the same idiotic woman! This run can be viewed here. - just look at those hills!

On Thursday I went to Pilates for a jolly good stretch and tonight did another run!  The programme said 10 miles for tonight's distance so I did something I haven't done before! I ran for just over 5 miles and then turned round and came back exactly the same way!  I felt quite good but got a blister on my arch of my foot - how is that possible after running many many miles in the same trainers and socks with no problems!  Tonights run can be viewed here!

The other night I was watching a TV programme that said drinking Beetroot juice increased speed and endurance when exercising!  So guess what I bought with my weekly shop?!! YUP I'm a sucker for a bit of marketing! I got a carton of Beet it Beetroot juice and then forgot to drink it before my run tonight! Typical!  Oh well I will try to have a glass before my run tomorrow - if I remember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment