"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: THE Marathon Looms!

Wednesday 26 September 2012

THE Marathon Looms!

Look what arrived .... Arghhhhh it's really real!! 



Today I received a note in my inbox from Chris and Andy from Chester Marathon. Reminding me (as IF I need a reminder) that the Countdown is on. Only 11 more sleeps (BUT how much sleep will I get?!)


OMG a Marathon - what was I thinking?

I keep asking myself why ... why have I set this monster goal?

Now to harness the butterflies! (That's the polite way to put it!) in other words I am ...


I must say I'm not getting an awful lot of sympathy - after all I put myself in this insane situation!  Get on with it girl!

I have tried to picture myself running the actual race. Visualizing ME at certain mile markers looking and feeling strong and even with a smile on my face and my arms in the air as I cross the finish line within my target time!

I keep telling myself how fantastic I will feel when I have accomplished something only 1% of the population ever achieve!

But those sneaky self doubts keep worming there way in! Every time they do I shout "SHUT IT" and I try telling myself the opposite! I'm hoping to divert my focus from the negative to the positive. I have even put sticky notes on my bedroom mirror to remind myself I CAN!



I AM a runner ... A Marathon Runner!

I have followed my training plan and have trained as hard as my body would allow ... so its time to relax and taper! What will be will be!


"It's not 26.2 miles...it's 9 water stops."

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Lesley. If anyone can do it, then you can. I love reading your blogs, they are hysterically funny. Just think of it in small stages and you will blitz it.

    ReplyDelete