"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: 2012 miles in 2012

Friday 2 November 2012

2012 miles in 2012

Well it's that time of month again - time to tot up the scores on the doors!!

I'm a couple days late with this update as I have just come back from a very over indulgent few days in Dublin.  What a lovely city, very friendly and lots of interesting bars to visit with fabulous live Irish music playing in most! We visited quite a few to warm up in as it's freezing!  I thought it was cold in Cumbria but Dublin top trumps it! They even had singing bus drivers which was a lovely way to amuse us on our travels - made you smile! 

The day before I went to Dublin they held their annual Marathon.  If I had been aware it was on in Half Term I would have booked flights for a couple of days earlier and ran in it!  However, it wasn't to be but from speaking to those who had run in it it seems a good well organised event and the bling looked FAB! If it's in Half Term next year I will look in to running it - a good excuse to revisit Dublin! 

Anyhow, back to 2012 miles in 2012 - How's it going?

October has been the lowest month of the year in terms of total mileage, surprising since its the month I ran the marathon but then again I have had the "recovery" excuse since then and the "Tapering" excuse prior!


So how do this effect the overall total?


That leaves 163.10 miles and only 59 days to do it in!!! 

That's 2.77 miles a day, every day!

There is no way I was ever going to run 2012 miles - good job I changed to all sporting miles! 

I will be chuffed if I manage a total running mileage of 1000 miles, that's 70.5 miles to do in 2 months - hopefully I can do that!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment