"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: OW!!!! OW!!!! OW!!!!

Monday 5 November 2012

OW!!!! OW!!!! OW!!!!

For the past few days the weather has been so atrocious I have resorted to some hot and steamy sessions with ROD (just my Treadmill, don't get over-excited!), however it was such a clear night this evening I decided I would hit the streets. But my I was ill prepared.  I put on my long running tights and long sleeve top, but forgot my gloves!  By about mile 4 my fingers were stinging, I tried yanking down my sleeves so that my poor little handies were covered and clutched the cuffs in my fist in an attempt to keep warm. It didn't work!  

Note to self - REMEMBER gloves!  

Other than my hands being freezing I felt like I was going fairly well and could have gone further - with gloves on!  However, I was very disappointed to see my speed was still only an average  9:42 minutes miles - will I ever speed up? You can view this run here!

Once I got home my hands were so cold I wanted to sit and cry!!! OW!!! OW!!! OW!!! 
Once they started to warm up and sting like hell, I started to jump around like a looney! Lesson learnt!!!

Anyhow, tonight I was invited to run naked in November - and I accepted the challenge!

No I haven't totally lost my marbles - I'm not REALLY running naked!    In the running world it means running without i-pods, Garmin's  watches, heart rate monitors or any other new fangled gadget! The challenge is to do it at least once in November.  Running without music is no problem to me - my biggest worry is NO Garmin!  I need to know how far I have run and at what pace - how will I cope? 

I will try it once and see how I fair!! I pledge to run naked in November!



No comments:

Post a Comment