"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Time to get back into blogging!

Monday 10 December 2012

Time to get back into blogging!

A week has passed without me managing to blog! So here is my week in summary!

On Tuesday I went swimming after doing 3 mile interval training on the treadmill.  I felt more confident in the pool, still concentrating on technique rather than speed.  One day I will get faster (I hope!). Whilst I was in the pool there was a female instructor giving another female front crawl technique classes.  I hung around as much as I could to gleam some tips but started getting funny looks so decided I had best do some lengths!  I might look into the price of getting some technique sessions!

On Wednesday I went to Circuits, the previous time I had been it had been exceptionally hard and I had really enjoyed the challenge.  This time I was disappointed.  I'm not sure whether it was just me not being up for it or the session itself! Anyhow I was so frustrated by it I came home and ran 3 miles on the treadmill.

On Thursday I went to Pilate's to have a good stretch - should really do more as I am getting quite inflexible in my old age! I have done no exercise all weekend, unless you count shopping and lurching from pub to pub so tonight I felt the need to run!

I decided I hadn't done any hill reps for a long while and set off running up and down a hill close to my house - I was amazed to discover at the end I had run nearly 6 miles.  I really enjoyed the challenge of the hill! You can view my run here!

I have decided I need some additional motivation in this cold weather so have signed up for the second year running to do the Janathon challenge. The rules can be viewed here. The challenge is to jog (or participate in any exercise), log (the mileage on the running free website) and blog everyday in January! Last year my aim was to run every day in January and to complete a minimum of 100 miles.  I managed this and exceeded my goal by running 158 miles.  You can read how I did it here!

However, in January 2013 I will be following a triathlon training plan, so I am not going to overburden myself with running everyday as well but will aim to run, swim or cycle everyday in January instead. 

My Janathon mileage goal will be 220 miles or more, made up of approximately 80 running miles, 130 cycling miles and 10 swimming miles. The biggest part of this challenge will be finding the time and motivation to blog daily!

Hopefully I will succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment