"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: My last run before BUPA 10K

Thursday 23 May 2013

My last run before BUPA 10K

Tonight I did my last run before the Bupa Manchester 10K race on Sunday! I believe this is a fairly flat race so I have high hopes of getting a PB.  My current PB for a 10K race is 53:14 so anything faster than this and I will be delighted! I don't see why I shouldn't achieve this if it is flat as I did 53:14 at Langdale which is an extremely hilly race! The weather forecast looks good so my only concern is it may be too busy to maintain a steady pace ... watch this space!

My plan stated tonight's run was a 40 minutes easy run and that is what I did!  It has been a very cold day today with lots of intermittent rain showers.  Tonight, just as I got changed into my running gear the heavens opened for another heavy shower.  I put on my waterproof running jacket but waited until it had subsided slightly before heading out the door.  I was very lucky - just as I got to the bottom of the street the rain stopped completely and the sun came out!  I was actually too warm with my jacket on, then no sooner had I got home and we got another downpour - this time of hailstones! PHEW!  I'm normally the idiot running in these conditions, makes a change that I managed to avoid it! I ran 4.22 miles in 40 minutes 26 seconds, once again a fantastic estimate of time! I really don't know how I do it!  The run can be viewed here. 

My son came home from uni tonight - that is him finished for the Summer!  I cannot believe how early they finish! Perhaps I need a career change and become a University lecturer or even better a student! How are we going to survive until September - I might need to take out a second mortgage to feed him!



No comments:

Post a Comment