"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Nearly Monday already!

Sunday 10 November 2013

Nearly Monday already!

I haven't done much running this week - i think it's called listening to my body!  A new phenomenon to me! After running the Half Marathon last weekend my legs were aching and they weren't feeling 100% so I decided just to relax a little.

On Thursday I had a good stretch at Pilate's, and then on Friday I swam 2000 metres.  It was very cold in the pool this week - even whilst swimming I felt cold which is unusual! 

Yesterday morning at around 9am I was rushing around trying to tidy up the pigsty the rest of my family call home and I somehow whacked my hand against the door as I was charging around.  

The absolute sheer pain was unbelievable!  I sat down clutching my hand in case it fell off and immediately started to feel sick and dizzy.  With the world spinning nicely (and no I hadn't been drinking!) I slumped onto the floor! The room I was in has a wood floor and before I knew it I was lying in a pool ... of sweat NOT pee!  I felt dreadful and before long the hot sweats turned to severe shivers!  Perhaps having an icepack on my hand contributed to this!  

After about 30 minutes of lying motionless I braved sitting up to inspect my hand and noticed my hand and fingers had already started to bruise and swell.  I removed my rings ... just in case, I wouldn't want to have to get them cut off! 

Eventually I started to feel a bit more normal but it took until about 4 O Clock for the "strange feeling" to completely wear off! 

I have no idea what all that was about, you would think I had broken my hand at the very least but I got up this morning and apart from a little tenderness and bruising its OK!

Last night we had friends over and we very much overindulged with the wine and the Chinese so this morning when I woke up to a bright sunny morning I decided to go out for a run and work it off.

I headed out the door and loved the crisp winter feel until I was about 100 metres from home and had my first near miss!  The pavements were lethal!   It rained yesterday and then went very cold overnight so the rain had frozen on the paths and it was hiding in patches to catch innocent folk like me out!  

I'm sure I was being laughed at by passing motorists as I felt like Bambi learning to walk!  There was one point coming down a hill I was certain I was going come a cropper and end up on my bum!  I decided to cut my run short and ended up only running 2.75 very slow miles!  I felt dissatisfied and disappointed when I got home so decided to go on the treadmill and did a further 2.14 miles!

This afternoon we went on a beautiful, crisp, sunny but still very cold and icy walk! We went 4.77 miles and had some fabulous views!  We are very lucky to live here!




No comments:

Post a Comment