"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A Surprisingly Good Run!

Sunday 26 January 2014

A Surprisingly Good Run!

The plan stated a 3 miles recovery run for today to get rid of the lactic acid from yesterdays long run and to get used to running on tired legs and blah, blah, blah,blah!

I got up this morning with slight trepidation on how my legs would feel about feeling the ground beneath them and was pleasantly surprised that I had no aches or pains ... I could even manage the stairs unaided!

It looked like I was over the first hurdle of tired muscles but felt despair when I looked out the window ... it was blowing a gale and the rain was sheeting down sideways!

I wasn't going to be put off and after a breakfast of coffee and a banana I was ready for the off!

As this was a recovery run I wasn't interested in my pace and was just happy to do the miles.

I couldn't believe how good my legs felt when I started running and despite the rain, wind and deep puddles I had to splash through I thoroughly enjoyed this run!

I arrived home looking like a drowned rat, wet through to my knickers but I felt strangely invigorated and energised!!  I wish I felt like this after all my runs!



A stretch and a shower followed before uploading my run to Garmin. I had no idea of how fast or slow I had run and was amazed to see I had run 3.52 miles at an average pace of 9:12 minute miles!

I struggle to run this pace when I am REALLY trying then the day after a 17 mile run when I'm supposed to be going slow it happens! That's sods law for you!

Looking forward to more energising runs next week!  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment