"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Haddie and I ROCK!

Thursday 27 February 2014

Haddie and I ROCK!

After Tuesdays diabolical and depressing effort of a run I really wasn't looking forward to going out for a run tonight!

I put it off for as long as I could (the ironing even took priority - that's have desperate I was not to go!) but then I thought "Get a grip and go or you will regret it!"

I made a deal with myself that I would just do a couple of slow miles and see how I felt after that!  

It was a lovely crisp and clear evening but very cold! However, after feeling like I was overheating on Tuesday I didn't put many layers on!  Just one long sleeve top, long pants and gloves!

I didn't want to know my pace or my distance so I didn't look at my Garmin at all.  I just wanted to run for fun - something I have overlooked lately!

Anyhow, I felt F A N T A S T I C and felt like I could run forever! 

No tiredness, no breathlessness, no aching legs, no sore bum cheeks - just the pure thrill of being outside doing something I loved!

When I eventually forced myself to return home before my family sent out a search party I was amazed and delighted to see I had run 10.41 miles at an average 9:35 minute mile pace! Not fast but I am just pleased to have enjoyed it!

I felt like I could have done the distance again!

Life's good!

That run has taken me to the 300 mile mark for the distance I have run for my little buddy Haddie in Hawaii! 




On Monday afternoon I had a phone call from a newspaper wanting a telephone interview regarding my "I run 4" activities and what my motivation was, my future races etc! Haddie and I might be famous if they decide to print my interview! I will keep you informed!

I have even managed to get up-to-date with my scrapbook and have finished my Barcelona Half Marathon Page!



No comments:

Post a Comment