"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 13 - it's getting closer!

Monday 10 February 2014

Week 13 - it's getting closer!

Week 13 of Marathon Training starts today!  

Yikes only 53 days to go!

This evening I went to the Tri Club swimming training session and the focus was on endurance!

For some strange reason I much prefer the endurance sessions than the speed sessions, open water swim sessions or drills!

I  am determined that I am going to keep going no matter what!

Tonight we did a "Pyramid" session which was:

200 metres, 30 seconds recovery, 
300 metres, 30 seconds recovery, 
400 metres, 30 seconds recovery, 
500 metres, 30 seconds recovery, 
400 metres, 30 seconds recovery, 
300 metres, 30 seconds recovery, 

then we were supposed to finish on 200 metres but unfortunately the whistle went and I had just done 100 metres in the final set!

However,  I am still pleased with how I managed to swim 2200 metres or 1.37 miles or 88 lengths in 53 minutes 58 seconds at an average pace of 2:29 minutes per 100 metres! 

This is my fastest pace ever over that sort of distance!



Maybe I am getting better after all!

Watching Davina swimming Lake Windermere and being dragged out at the end nearly unconscious has somewhat put me off Open water swimming!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment