"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A very enjoyable weekend!

Sunday 2 March 2014

A very enjoyable weekend!

I have had a very busy but enjoyable non-running weekend.

One of the highlights was receiving this photograph of my running buddy Haddie with the medal and the "spot the dog" I sent her after my most recent race!  That smile makes it all worthwhile and gives me added determination to work harder at getting faster! 

On Friday evening we travelled down to Reading in order to go to the university open day on Saturday!  Thankfully the Friday evening traffic was OK and we didn't experience any of the usual traffic jams or accidents making it down to the hotel in just 4 hours!

We were very impressed with the university campus and its facilities and I think my daughter has decided this is her first choice of university for September! We even managed to sneak a little visit into the town centre to assess the quality of the shops and this passed her inspection too! 

I was dismayed to discover that Reading Half Marathon was taking place today but I couldn't convince my daughter and husband that it would be a good idea to stay an extra night so I could run in it! 

Fingers crossed Jess gets her required results and ends up there and I can add it to my race calendar for next year! We made it home in a record 3 and a half hours!


Today I had a lovely relaxing day at the Lodore Falls Hotel.  
We had a fantastic spa day experience which started off with coffee and fruit on arrival.  



We then spent time in the outdoor hot tub which was lovely and even had views of the Lodore Falls Waterfall.  

We then had a back and shoulder deep tissue massage, although I wouldn't say it was very deep it was nice all the same! 

After this we spent time in the sauna before finishing off with a swim.  The experience was completed with a delicious 2 course HUGE lunch with wine! I think we should have spent time in the Gym to work it off afterwards!

So all in all a great weekend but I am just beginning to feel the signs of running withdrawal after 3 days!  I am so excited about my run tomorrow!  My legs will be very fresh so no excuses whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment