"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Another week closer!

Monday 24 March 2014

Another week closer!





 here I come! 




Its the start of the penultimate week of my marathon training and I'm going to have to squeeze all my runs into 4 days! I am going on a jolly to Edinburgh on Friday until Sunday so that's 3 days out of the running equation! 

Luckily with tapering the miles aren't too serious!

So tonight was another double whammy!  

First up was a run!

Luckily it was a nice sunny evening albeit freezing cold and windy but much better running weather than the recent rain!

The plan was to run 4 easy miles.  

I actually did 4.2 miles at an average 8:47 minute mile! 

My fastest mile was mile 2 which I ran @ an 8:38 minute mile which considering I was supposedly running easy is rather impressive for me!

A couple hours later it was time to go to my usual Tri Club swimming session and yet again the focus was on endurance!

After a warm-up we did 7 sets of 300m with 30 seconds rest in between each set!  I felt fairly relaxed and comfortable swimming tonight and really enjoyed the session.

In total I swam 2150 metres or 1.34 miles or 86 lengths!  I did an average pace of 2.29 minutes per 100m.

I'm slowly getting faster and one day I might just swim like a fish!



No comments:

Post a Comment