"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Penultimate Marathon Training Run!

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Penultimate Marathon Training Run!

It's been a strange week this week with tapering, I feel like I have had many hours on my hands!

Last night I sat with my feet up trying not to Google anything to do with running!

Tonight, the plan stipulated a 30 minutes easy run.  After feeling lethargic for the last few days I wasn't particularly looking forward to it but forced myself out the door as soon as I got home!

It was a much cooler evening than on Monday but I soon warmed up.  Once I got going I felt 100% better than I did on Monday and thankfully didn't have the aches and pains either! I think perhaps the pain was psychosomatic brought on by stress!  

I have been reliably informed that sometimes at this stage our legs begin to feel sluggish and heavy, but it's nothing to worry about as its only the glycogen being stored for the big day!  They certainly felt heavy on Monday but thankfully felt better tonight!

Anyhow, I had a fairly enjoyable run and covered 3.02 miles in 26 minutes 33 seconds!  Slightly less than I had planned but I am sure at this point in the game 4 minutes less training isn't going to make or break my goal!

After a short rest it was time for Yoga.  I went with the intention of using it to stretch well and wasn't going put too much effort into any dynamic poses that might have stressed my legs.  Luckily it was a very "easy" class and most of the work was on the upper body, light stretching and relaxation!

One more 20 minute run on Friday and then ...

Yikes!

I am still in a quandary about what to wear as the weather still looks like rain!  I don't want to wear too many layers and be too hot but nor do I want to freeze!

I have a vest top that I have added an iron-on transfer to and I would ideally like to wear this so that I have Haddies support spurring me on when the going gets tough!  If its cold I might wear it with a long sleeve base layer under it!  


Oh decisions decisions!



No comments:

Post a Comment