"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Tri-ing 4 Haddie!

Saturday 26 April 2014

Tri-ing 4 Haddie!

I have had a fairly quiet week this week exercise wise!  I could pretend that it's all in the name of tapering for my Triathlon tomorrow but in actual fact it is really because I have been feeling really tired with zero motivation to do anything but slob! I did manage to go to yoga on Wednesday evening and very nearly fell asleep before we even started! I was lying down on my mat waiting for the class to start and I could feel myself drifting off ...

BUT ... my slobbing days are going to come to an abrupt end in approximately 14 hours when I tackle my first "proper" triathlon! Kendal Sprint! It worries me that they call this distance a sprint cos there is no way I will be sprinting especially not after swimming and cycling!




I am feeling extremely nervous! Anyone would think I was about to embark on an Ironman distance triathlon instead of just a sprint!  I think I am more nervous than I was for the Marathon!

My main concerns are:

a) The weather!  Rain and wind seem to feature highly in the reports I have read about previous Kendal Tri's!

b) Getting out the pool in the deep end without the use of steps! I have the feeling I will look like a wallowing elephant!

c) Punctures!  In the past week I have had 2!

However, I have set myself a goal time to hopefully finish this Tri in! 

My Goal time consists of a:

10 minute 400 Metre Swim
3 minute transition
54 minute 18K Cycle
3 minute transition
30 minute 5K run 

Goal Finish time: 1 hour 40 minutes or just to have fun!!

My wave starts at 8am which means that I will hopefully be finished by 10am and will have the rest of the day to chill!  

Once I get up there will be no time to stress!

Now breath 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4


No comments:

Post a Comment