"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Sunny days Oh, where have you gone?

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Sunny days Oh, where have you gone?

Rain you don't stop me! Still did a 5 mile run!

This morning I got up to the unwelcome sound of rain pelting against the window!

My plan was to run early in the day as I had a lunch date with an old friend and didn't fancy running on a full stomach!

As the rain was so heavy I Googled the forecast for the rest of the day - to learn that it was pretty much set to continue!

By 9.30am I decided just to do it!

I put my three quarter pants and running vest on with my running waterproof jacket on top and set off!

I decided that since I hadn't done my usual speed work yesterday with the tri club (it wasn't on this week with being half-term!) that I would do a little bit today instead!

So after a 1.5 mile warm-up run I did the 1 mile river loop that I used a couple of weeks ago for a sprint effort!

My legs felt like lead and I was a little wary because the pavements were wet and slippery in places with a scattering of blossom however I was determined to do my best.

After the 1 mile loop I did a 2.25 mile recovery run home.

I was surprised to see that I did my 1 mile loop in 7:42 which is identical to what I did it in last time despite the rain and feeling slow and sluggish today!

My warm up 1.5 mile was at an average pace of 8:46 minute miles and my recovery was an average pace of 8:49 so I'm pleased especially after doing the half marathon on Sunday and then swimming yesterday!

I must do more speed training and hills after all I have an incredible PB to beat now!

speed



No comments:

Post a Comment