"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Better weather for running!

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Better weather for running!

It's been very warm lately and the heat seems to have drained all my energy leaving me with very little motivation for getting my backside into gear and running!

After Saturday's slow 5K Colour Me Rad run I was due to go on a long run on Sunday!  It didn't happen!  In actual fact a short run didn't even happen!

The sun was shining so we decided to go for a fell walk to conquer some Wainwrights since our ticking off exercise seems to have become tediously slow! 

We headed into the Northern fells and took in Great Calva and Knott. We have now managed to climb 33 out of the 214 Wainwright fells, which means just 181 fells to go!  

It was a lovely day for walking and not too hot!  All in all we walked 7 miles and only came across another 2 hikers the entire time!  


Now that's my sort of walk! 





After getting back home from the walk I didn't have any energy left to run so it was feet up time in the garden with a cold cider!

On Monday I went to The Tri Club Swimming Session!  It was an endurance session but instead of swimming sets of a certain number of lengths we swam for a set time instead!  The session started off with 12 lengths as a warm up, then we swam for 2 Min's, 4 Min's, 6 Min's, 8 Min's, 10 Min's finally finishing with 8 Min's, having a 15 seconds rest in between each set.  I found this very hard and was on high alert for the whistle the entire time!  I managed to swim 82 lengths or 1.27 miles or 2050 metres.

I wussed out of the cycle training this week!  I felt completely exhausted after work on Monday and I didn't feel in the mood for being made to feel useless!

Blackpool from the tower!
Last night was The Tri Club Running session.  Yesterday I had been on a school trip to Blackpool all day so I was feeling exceptionally tired but pushed myself to go as I hadn't run since Friday!                                   

Thankfully due to the others competing in a Half Iron Man this coming weekend they wanted a "steady" run!  

However, their steady usually equals my fast so I was delighted that I managed to keep up!  

We ran 4.58 miles off road and did some drills as well! 

Considering how tired I had felt beforehand I enjoyed it once I got going!

I received my race number for Southport Half Marathon yesterday and I am very conscious that all my runs have been very short or non-existent recently! It's time to up the miles, although I haven't got long left! 

That brings us to this evening!  It has been a much cooler fresher day today so I decided to try and do a longer run with a sprint mile slipped in!   

I set off probably a little too fast and did 1.67 miles as a warm up @ a 8:25 minute mile pace!  I then did my 1 mile sprint circuit! I was hoping to be faster than the last time I did this circuit a month ago but unfortunately I was a couple of seconds slower and did a 7:41 minute mile!  Maybe if my warm-up had been at a warm-up pace I could have got a faster mile pace!  

Afterwards I continued on my way and finished off with a 5.51 mile route!  Altogether I ran just over 8 miles which is the furthest I have run in a while!

On Sunday I have my first ever marshaling duty!                                                                             
I am marshaling on the bike route of a Half Iron Man Triathlon and tonight I got my post confirmed and received my instructions!                                                                                 I am feeling very excited about it and it will be great to see the vast array of cyclists!  

I hope I don't mess up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment