"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Becoming acclimatized?

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Becoming acclimatized?

Another day dawned and another day I got up at 6 for a run.

I'm quite getting into this holiday running lark.

The plan today wanted me to do approximately 5 miles with 20 second speed intervals after 4 miles!  There was no way I could convince my body that it was a good idea to do speed intervals in such heat!  I am more than happy just to do the distance and I will worry about working on speed once I get home!

Being a creature of habit I headed out to do a loop of the golf course again.  However, once I had run to the golf course and completed the 1 mile loop around it, I decided to do a second loop to get the miles in without me having to venture too much further afield and risk getting lost!  There was a worker tending the grass and he did a double take when he saw me approaching for the second time!  Probably thinking "mad English woman running in this heat" 

By the time I completed the second lap I was feeling exceptionally tired and wet through with sweat and was pleased to be on the homeward leg back to the hotel.  

The mile run back was quite amusing as they had turned the water sprinklers on to water the gardens and they rotated at intervals.  I never knew when, where or from which angle the water would spray me next! It was very refreshing and I was very tempted just to stand and get totally sprinkled! I hoped whilst I chortled to myself that there wasn't any pesticides or plant feed mixed in with the water!

I made it back after 49 minutes of running, covering 5:29 miles at an average 9:16 minute mile pace.  The furthest and fastest run I have done since being here!  I was amazed that I ran mile 2 in 8:52 minutes! Perhaps my body is starting to aclimitise to the conditions and getting used to running with a hangover!

I enjoyed a long cold shower before returning to bed!

We spent the rest of the day on the beach, and I am ashamed to admit I mainly slept the day away apart from a short swim in the sea, and time allocated for eating and drinking!

After an exceptionally lazy day we convinced ourselves it would be a good idea to do some exercise and ventured for our daily stroll along the beach at around 5.30pm.  We turned right today but only went as far as the shanty town beach shops!  By the time we got back we had walked for 58 minutes and covered 2:65 miles but mainly on the very soft beach sand as the harder seashore sand was covered in seaweed and we all know about the dangers of seaweed - Now!


No comments:

Post a Comment