"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 1 Run 4/64 in Marathon Plan.

Saturday 12 July 2014

Week 1 Run 4/64 in Marathon Plan.

This morning I was up and about early due to the heat and had planned to get my run done before it got even hotter.

However, I phaffed around so much it was 9.20am before I was ready to go and the sun was by then very hot!

The plan stated a 8 mile steady run at between 9:20 and 9:40 minute miles excluding a warm up or a cool down.

I set off with my route in mind and after the warm up mile, I managed to keep a steady pace for the next mile but then did my next mile way too fast at 8:50 minute mile.  I tried hard to keep at a consistent pace but it is tricky when its hilly, obviously going uphill will be slow and coming down hill hopefully is fast!

I struggled in the heat a little but the only mile I went too slow on was mile 8 when I did  a 9:59 min mile pace but in my defence this did involve going up a hill!

So all in all I did 9.89 miles in 1 hour 32 mins 58 secs, at an average pace of 9:24 minute miles.

I was pleased with this as I am still suffering with my snotty nose and the heat was a little on the warm side for running!

Thankfully its a rest day on the plan tomorrow! 

I am going out tonight so will no doubt be nursing a hangover instead of running!


CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment