"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 7 Marathon Training complete!

Sunday 24 August 2014

Week 7 Marathon Training complete!

After a very busy few days over indulging with both food and drink I didn't have high hopes for today's run!

The sun was shining and it was a very warm morning!

The marathon plan wanted me to do a 6 mile run excluding a warm up or cool down consisting of 1 mile slow, then 4 miles keeping between a 8:40 to 8:50 pace finishing off with 1 miles slow and a cool down.
Feeling extremely sluggish and heavy legged I set off knowing that the distance would be no problem but I wasn't sure whether I could keep at the stipulated pace for the 4 miles.

I did a 5 minute warm up before going into the 1 mile slow section. I felt out of breath and uneasy during this slow section so wasn't looking forward to upping my pace.  However, once I settled into the faster pace I felt better and soon settled down and enjoyed the run.

I ended up doing 7: 04 miles at an average 9:03 minute mile pace.

I did the 4 mile section at a 8:41 minute mile pace which I was delighted with as it was at the top end of the range I was supposed to be maintaining.

Not too bad ... considering!


No comments:

Post a Comment