"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Where did the last 2 weeks go?

Saturday 4 October 2014

Where did the last 2 weeks go?

Although I haven't had the energy or inclination to blog in the last 2 weeks I have still been running!

During my absence I have had some good runs and some disastrous runs!  I just have to keep reminding myself that I have more good runs than bad so they don't loom large in my head and become the tormentor! Dublin marathon is only 3 weeks away so its important to remain positive! 


I have also been rejected yet again by the London Marathon which I have mixed emotions about!  Part of me is happy as I really want to concentrate on triathlons during 2015, but part of me is disappointed as I really want to run the National Marathon!  

After receiving this knockback what did I go and do ...

No I didn't make the same mistake of booking a different marathon as I did last year ... 

instead I did something even dafter and booked Windermere Trian Olympic Distance Triathlon consisting of a 1500 metre (0.93 mile) Open Water swim, a 43K (26.7 miles) bike route and a 10K (6.2 miles) run! 

I must be mad!  

I also booked The Great North Swim - the one mile route as a training swim for the triathlon. I am also looking to book some sprint triathlons and cycle sportives as training events!

Tomorrow I have my last race before the marathon!  I am running The Cumbrian Run (Half Marathon) starting at Carlisle Castle!  It could be a chilly one looking at the forecast!






No comments:

Post a Comment