"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Running club update - I feel like Goldilocks!

Thursday 17 November 2011

Running club update - I feel like Goldilocks!

The fast group was too fast, the slower group was too slow, I want one that is just right!  


On Monday night I braved the "slow" running club group and was very nervous and apprehensive after suffering humiliation the previous week. Determined not to give up I turned up bracing myself for a good pace run.


We set off and within minutes I realised this group was at the total opposite end of the spectrum! Three of us set a good pace out in front but at every corner and turn we had to wait for the rest of the group to catch up as we didn't know the route we were running! I began to feel some sympathy for the "fast" group last week who had to keep waiting for us, however I did feel some compassion for the runners we were waiting for... its not a nice feeling I know!!!


I'm not sure where this leaves me ... running on my bill again or concentrating on my speed for a few weeks before braving the "fast" group again?


I enjoyed the social aspect of running with other people  - just need an intermediate group!  


Perhaps that could be my new role - intermediate running group leader!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment