"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 18 - Hard work!

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Janathon Day 18 - Hard work!

I TOTALLY agree with this!
After a very hard day at work and feeling slightly jaded from a double exercise session yesterday I wasn't very motivated to go out and run tonight!  On a Wednesday evening the kids see Grandparents for dinner, so its the one night I don't have to worry about preparing dinner early on, therefore have no excuse for not heading out the door  ... except ... once I get settled at home all alone (Ahhhhh bliss! Peace and quiet!) I struggle to move again!  Tonight as soon as I came in from work I took the dog for a very short stroll around the block, then found lots of things to do which involved coffee, cake, laptop and sofa  and any thoughts of running out my mind!

Eventually guilt got the better of me, and I decided I best move myself before I was caught red-handed sloathing around on the sofa!  I don't think my mind was in the correct gear as it took 3 attempts to get my running tights on the right way round - three times I struggled into them to realise they were on back to front - what's that all about?  Never had this problem before, then to add insult to injury I realised I was trying to put my gloves on my feet instead of socks!

Eventually, I was good to go and thankfully after a cold, wet and dreary day the rain had finally stopped.  Once I got into my pace I felt a lot better about myself and started to relax and enjoy the run.  The weather conditions were the best they've been for a while - no icy paths, no wind, no rain and very mild too!  I passed lots of runners tonight - they must have all been cooped up waiting for the rain to stop falling!

My first book to review!
Well, what else has been happening in my life?  Last week I was contacted by Human Kinetics and asked if I would read and review a book on my blog, so being game for anything I agreed.  I have never done any reviewing before so not sure how I will go about this! I struggled with the first element of this new venture - downloading the e-book, however, after several failed attempts I succeeded!

Once I have read and inwardly digested some of the advice AND put it into practise during my training I will keep you informed of my thoughts...

Wish me luck!






Running Miles today: 5.42
Time: 51 minutes 50 seconds
Average pace: 9.34
Average speed: 6.3 MPH


View my run on:    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/142756763 

Walking miles today: 0.50 

Total Janathon Running miles:  77.18

Total Janathan Walking miles: 23.80
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 104.26  + 1 Hour Steps Class



1 comment: