"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Jananthon Day 19 - Another Double Whammy!

Thursday 19 January 2012

Jananthon Day 19 - Another Double Whammy!

I might suggest this for a future class!
Another one of those days when I had to fit running in, alongside work, the usual family commitments and then to top it all off Pilates started again after the Christmas break but it was good to stretch those Janathon muscles!

I had the same dilemma as I had on Tuesday, when do I run - A,B,C or D?  I was so tired last night that the thought of setting the alarm clock for an hour earlier was NOT appealing so "A" was out the window!   Well, lets just say that tonight's weather was less than conducive to an enjoyable run, due to this I decided that it was wise to do what I did on Tuesday - run as soon as I got in from work, shower, make dinner, then dash off out to Pilates, rather than turning up at Pilates soaked or getting soaked running home after being nicely warmed and stretched.

When I set off it was cold and windy with light drizzle, which decided to change to heavy rain about 1 mile in, and again to hail at about 3 miles in!  I returned home looking like the proverbial "drowned rat".  A hot shower immediately followed to thaw my old bones out - Bliss!-  before reality kicked back in and I was back to dashing around! I made Sausage Casserole for the hungry Horace's then I escaped the chaos for a second time to go to Pilates! Yet again every Tom, Dick and Harry had turned out in force to satisfy all their New Years resolutions! Not wanting to discourage my fellow keep-fitters in any way but I'm hoping the novelty will wear off sooner rather than later and the classes go back to being hardcore only, instead of having to fight for mat space!  Anyhow, although it was rather crowded and having to be careful not to wallop someone in the face I did enjoy the change in exercise and the stretches!


Once I got home and showered (again!) I settled down with the local newspaper and was shocked to read about a 41 year old female lone runner who had been assaulted at 6pm on the 11th January, running a route that I sometimes do!  Its a bit of a warning to me really, I'm fairly complacent about living in a "nice" place, I'm careful not to run too late at night and always stay in areas that are well-lit!  Unfortunately, it seems this woman did too - perhaps I need to find a running pal!


If it wasn't for Janathon, my competitive nature and my refusal to fail at a challenge I certainly would NOT have gone out running tonight!  


Cold +Wind + Rain + Hail = No Fun Running! 


Running Miles today: 3.92
Time: 36 minutes 50 seconds
Average pace: 9.24
Average speed: 6.4 MPH


View my run on:  
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/142952390 

Total Janathon Running miles:  81.10
Total Janathan Walking miles: 23.80
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 108.18  + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 











1 comment:

  1. really sad to hear about the other lady runner, please be careful out there(youd probably outrun any attacker anyway)less than a fortnight to go x

    ReplyDelete