"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 28 - nearing the end!

Friday 27 January 2012

Janathon Day 28 - nearing the end!

I often see runners out when I'm sitting at traffic lights and wonder what I look like running!  Do I look like I might need an ambulance any time soon (some runners I see do!) or look like my arms and legs don't belong to me...!  I would love to look like the girl in the top picture but know for definite that I don't!


Anyhow, back to Janathon!  How am I doing?  Well, tonight I did well and managed to dodge the intermittent heavy rain and sleet whilst out running that we have experienced all day!  However, some AR** who was washing his car with a high pressure washer decided it would be a good game to aim slightly too high shooting the water right in my direction ...grrr so it seems even on the days I avoid the rain I can't avoid getting wet!


Other than that it was a pretty uneventful run (no kidnapping scare) although I felt slow and tired after a busy stressful week, but hey ho I still did it!  


Kidnapping scare I hear you cry - well I wasn't in the mood last night to blog about my running experience in detail so didn't share my trauma with you, but I will tonight instead!  When I was out running alone last night I went along the street where the female got attacked last week and I was just thinking to myself "silly idea, why did I come this way" obviously putting nervous thoughts into my head as I approached a white van parked on the street and just as I got up level with it a man leapt out of the side door right infront of me!  To say I papped myself would be an understatement, but I think the white van man did too!  He was obviously just innocently loading up his van after a busy day not expecting to experience a runner on the loose!   I felt a nervous wreck for the rest of my run and just wanted to get home!


So, here we are, nearing the end of this mega challenge - only 4 days to go!  



Running Miles today: 6.53
Time: 1 hour 1 minute 46 seconds
Average pace: 9.28
Average speed: 6.3MPH


Total Janathon Running miles:  130.75
Total Janathan Walking miles: 30.53
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 165.48 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 





No comments:

Post a Comment