"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 29 - Like a whippet!

Sunday 29 January 2012

Janathon Day 29 - Like a whippet!

 I was feeling tired this morning but was determined to go for a run first thing.  It was another cold frosty morning but not as icy and slippery as yesterday.  


I set off with heavy uncooperative legs and the voice in my head saying "you are too tired ... walk, walk, walk!"


I ignored my inner voice and kept on plodding.  I tried to get in the "zone" but didn't quite manage it today, but hey ho I still did it!



There was one highlight on this run that gave my confidence a boost!  I was running along the cycle path when I approached three slow female runners blocking my way.  I called out "excuse me" and the ladies parted, I then had the most awful realisation that they were actually three mothers from school, just as this dawned on me I heard one of them say "it's Mrs Wallace - she's like a whippet!"   I had a little giggle to myself - I would never describe my running style as like a whippet, more like a tortoise! but this gave me the boost I needed to get me home!


                                         


As the men folk in my house had an afternoon of football planned I decided that rather than sit and suffer I would escape out with the dog for a nice walk!  It was a lovely cold crisp afternoon but where I had chosen to walk was incredibly muddy - it was like walking in glue at times, making it very hard work. We had a good 9 mile walk, the only downside being the dogs paw prints which are now all over the kitchen floor - perhaps I need to get him some wellies to save on the cleaning!!!

ONLY TWO DAYS TO GO UNTIL REST DAY!

 Running Miles today: 5.08
Time: 47 minutes 53 seconds

Average pace: 9.25
 Average speed: 6.4 


Walking miles today : 9.04


Total Janathon Running miles:  145.26
Total Janathan Walking miles: 39.57

Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2

TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 189.03 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 



No comments:

Post a Comment