"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

Monday 27 February 2012

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

I woke up this morning with a definite Monday morning feeling!  I considered walking to work but managed to think up 101 reasons (well 5 actually!) of why I couldn't!

  1. It was raining and I don't do getting wet before work! (good enough excuse on its own!)
  2. I was making pizza's with the little darlings today therefore had all the ingredients to carry - very heavy when flour is involved!
  3. I had new shoes on and didn't know whether they would give me blisters! (pathetic excuse as I wear different shoes to walk in!)
  4. I had a really, really bad headache and was feeling out of sorts with the world! (self inflicted!) 
  5. I really couldn't be arsed bothered!
By the time I had churned all the pros and cons of walking over in my head it was too late to walk so off I set in my little car!! 



Once I was home and had done my chores (poor little cinders) I was feeling no better (stressed, over-worked and unappreciated!) and could easily have used some of the above excuses not to go for a run but I wasn't listening to that little voice this time ... I was going!  




My training plan stated a short and fast run!  I managed the first quite easily and failed miserably on the second!  I ran 4.77 miles in 45 minutes, average 9.30 minute miles. 


After feeling so buoyant after my fast run last week and my long run on Saturday tonight I'm feeling despondent! 


My 1:59 goal seems to be slipping through my fingers and time is running out! HELP!


Views today's run here!

No comments:

Post a Comment