"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: An extra day....!

Wednesday 29 February 2012

An extra day....!

I didn't go for a run last night as I went to my usual Tuesday night steps class.  However, I made up for it tonight ...


After a full day at school, followed by an enthralling governors meeting which went on until 6pm I was tired but ready for a run!


The weather was fine (for a change) and I enjoyed the run.  I could have kept on running forever tonight - but time was ticking and my family would think I had been kidnapped if I was out too long so I returned home after 8.66 miles and 1 hour 21 minutes of peace and quiet!  


So was it an eventful run?  No not really!  Not far from home I saw a lad on the other side of the road running at what appeared to be a "good" pace so I thought if I followed him it might encourage me to run faster.  After making this decision I crossed over the road, and this is as far as my plan went!  Just as I crossed over the road  my "pace maker" did too, I decided against crossing back in case he thought realised he was getting stalked by a mad middle-aged female runner!  A bit further into my run I came across a gang of giggly teenage girls blocking my path - all dressed in "Onsies!" I came to the conclusion they were going to a leap year onsie party! I wonder if they realised how silly they looked waltzing down the street looking like oversized babies!  The rest of the run was uneventful but the thought of these girls kept me smiling throughout!


So I had an extra day in February so my run totals should be fab ... WRONG!!   I'm blaming the snowy weather at the beginning of the month for making me fail to hit the 159 mile monthly target I'd set in order to be on track for achieving 2012 miles in 2012, but hey ho there's always March!


So How am I doing...?  Here's the evidence!






To be on Target= 330 miles


Actual Mileage Achieved to date:

3 sports (Run, Walk & Cycle) =  354.50 miles    =  1657.50 Miles Remaining


2 sports (Run & Walk)  =   342.20 miles     = 1669.80 Miles Remaining


Just Running =  247.30 miles  = 1764.70 Remaining    





 I need to keep going!!

I CAN and WILL Succeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment