"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Post Janathon Blues...

Thursday 9 February 2012

Post Janathon Blues...

Snow and ice go away
I NEED to go for a RUN today!



Well, February the 9th and my running total so far for the month is 11.4 miles, a whooping average of 1.26 miles a day. after my average daily run of 5.10 miles in January its PATHETIC!!!


Where has it all gone wrong....?


Well, in my defence the first couple of days in February were well earned "Rest Days", then the snow descended on us, followed by CBA syndrome and depression due to not getting into the Great North Run and now we have sheet ice!!!  On the positive side of all this - SCHOOL is SHUT so I get an extra day off, I just can't get out the house to do any training!!


So what have I been doing whilst being a lazy arse?!  For some insane reason, I got it into my head that if I can't do the Great North Run, then I will do a full marathon!!!  Am I MAD?!!!   Running 26.2 miles is no small feat for me ... but too late now ... entered and confirmed in Chester Marathon on 7th October 2012! 
240 days to fit in loads of training, panic and cry!!!


So entering a Marathon was supposed to give me my Mojo back, but currently I don't feel like doing anything that resembles training!  HELP!!!  


I'm spending lots of time reading up on Marathon training programmes and advice, just need to get back into action sometime soon, after all I have the Liverpool half to endure enjoy first! 



No comments:

Post a Comment