"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Schools out ....

Friday 10 February 2012

Schools out ....


Schools out for Summer 
Half Term! 


I'm hoping the weather is going to improve for next week so I can get some nice runs in whilst I'm on holiday. At the moment every time I go out I'm risking life and limb and that's just walking!  I've ordered some Yaktrax Running Crampons -someone I told misheard and thought I'd said Running Tampons, and asked the difference!! 


Hopefully once they arrive whatever the weather I will get out for a run - that is IF they actually work!


Another snowy icy day in Cumbria, but school was unfortunately fortunately open!  The kids have been like wild caged animals today as they have been stuck in all week because the playground has been too dangerous (aka the danger of children having fun!), then yesterday when school was shut the weather was so bad none of them went out at all! Boy did we know about it today...  I need the holidays to recover!


Actually a good run would have done the trick (for the kids at school - but I was really meaning for me)! The stress just floats away as I pound the streets and cover the miles, and I end up with a runners high then enjoy annoying everyone else slumped on the sofa when I get home but ALAS that wasn't to be either so I was left with braving the Gym followed by a box of chocolates retrieved from the Christmas stockpile and a bottle of wine!  (for medicinal purposes I hope you understand!).


Anyway back to the gym and the DREADMILL!  Arghhhhhhh! Its not my best friend at the gym, it all seems a little pointless running nowhere watching the many people swimming not much further in the pool! It is SO boring and it seems to take me forever to cover short distances.  Anyway in the hope of spicing things up tonight I varied the speed and incline regularly to keep me on my toes, and blasted music through my headphones as a distraction!  Whilst running outside I don't listen to music but enjoy my own thoughts and the scenery, but at the gym I need to find ways of entertaining myself to keep me going! I will stop the moaning and grumbling because although I don't love the gym I like it better than doing nothing!


Anyhow I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on the cross trainer and 5 minutes rowing!


Fingers crossed that the sun comes out and melts all the horrible white  dirty brown stuff away!

No comments:

Post a Comment