"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: What a beautiful day ...

Friday 24 February 2012

What a beautiful day ...

Well after another awful day yesterday weather wise it was lovely to see a little bit of sunshine today! It was still chilly, but it was nice to see the sun making an effort for a change!  I didn't run yesterday but I did manage to walk to and from work.  I also went to pilates last night in the hope of strengthening my core - after many years of trying perhaps I need to accept that this is as good as it gets!


Anyhow, I also walked to and from work today - 2 days in a row -  not bad 
although my car was in for its MOT today so I didn't really have much choice!  When I was walking home tonight I was amazed to pass through a large group of young teenagers lurking in the underpass SMOKING!  It was like walking through a thick fog.  It was on the tip of my tongue to be all teacherish and tell them the error of their ways, but instead I took a deep breath (difficult without choking to death!) and kept on walking. I thought society had changed and it wasn't acceptable to smoke these days - 

unlike back in my day when EVERYONE who was anyone smoked, but I guess I must be be living in cloud cuckoo land (not a bad place to live I don't think!) and its obviously still deemed cool!


By the time I had done my motherly chores and I could go running the sun had gone to bed, but I wasn't going to be deterred!  It was dry, and amazingly still fairly light - what more could a girl want?!  WELL, perhaps running a good FAST pace!  I didn't quite get under 8 minutes a mile like I did on Wednesday (obviously a fluke!) but it gives me something to aim for!  I have just watched the film P.S I Love You and now feel totally depressed - need to run it off tomorrow!


Tonights run can be viewed here!

Hopefully the sun will have a good nights sleep and wake up happy and ready to shine on me during my long run in the morning! Fingers crossed!

















No comments:

Post a Comment