"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Severe case of CBA and only 6 days to go!

Sunday 11 March 2012

Severe case of CBA and only 6 days to go!


Despite being only several sleeps away from my 2nd Half Marathon and my dream of joining the sub-2 club, this week I got a severe attack of CBA-itis, however I disguised it well under the pretence of "Tapering!"  I woke up this morning after a particularly boozy weekend and thought  "Girl you are going have to get yourself out there or you are going to flunk it!".  So after not running for 3 days I got up and went!

It was a beautiful sunny morning, and I actually decided to swap my fleecy winter tights and long-sleeved top for 3/4 tights and a T. shirt! A decision I certainly didn't regret, after being slightly chilly for the first mile, I soon warmed up and I was wishing I had some clothes to disperse! After not really being very keen to go I actually enjoyed the run and was really chuffed when I got home to discover that my average pace had improved magnificently to 8.43 minute mile! Perhaps there really is something in this tapering lark! Today's run can be viewed here!  Here's hoping I can do the same next Sunday and maintain it for 13 miles!

After having a shower, lunch and a rest we (Mr W and I) decided to dust our bikes down and go for a ride as it was still a lovely day!  It was my first ride of 2012, actually my first ride in 5 months and I felt strangely apprehensive about having my feet clipped in - I felt like a cleat virgin all over again! One positive was I was with my husband who isn't very active, so the pace of the ride was kept very slow giving me the opportunity to familiarise myself yet again with my cleats, gears and brakes! I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed cycling ...

view today's cycle here!

Funny how when CBA-itis hit, I turned into a couch potato psycho desperately trying to find some motivation and ended up booking events galore!  So what's my plan for 2012?

Well next weekend is Liverpool Half Marathon, followed by the Keswick to Barrow 40 mile walk in May as well as the 10K Starwalk (which I am walking, as I am entering with non-running friends!).  I also have Morecambe 10k run in June, and Fleetwood Half Marathon in August, followed by The Great Scottish Run Half Marathon in September, climaxing with the Chester Marathon in October! Plenty there to keep me out of mischief me thinks!!!

Do I challenge myself to a duathlon next year?!  














No comments:

Post a Comment