"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Running Buddy - now you see her, now you don't!

Thursday 26 April 2012

Running Buddy - now you see her, now you don't!

It was nice while it lasted - not very long - my new running buddy has just gone and got herself a job in Brighton and is moving in 2 weeks time!!  Hey Ho back to running on my own!  I don't mind too much actually but it was nice to have a mate to pass the time with!

We were supposed to be running last night but she text to say she didn't feel very well and could we put it off until tonight!  So last night I had a dilemma - run on my own in the cold, wind and rain or go to the Gym!  The gym easily won mainly because I'm a wuss and didn't fancy getting wet but partly at the Leisure Centre I go to if you don't use the gym for 3 months you have to undergo another induction at a cost of £20 (They say for Health and Safety reasons but I say its a money making exercise!), so since it was coming up to 3 months since I have graced them with my presence I decided I would go and rescue my membership!  When i got to the reception and handed in my membership card, the receptionist looked at me as if I was barking - I had given her my library card and hadn't brought my purse with me with the rest of my cards in so there I stood all geared up and not being able to get in!  I smiled and said "I know my membership number - could you let me in with that?" and amazingly she said "yes" so off I went feeling quite chuffed that I did't have to go back home to get my correct card!  However, the elation soon left me after about a mile on the treadmill and I was bored stupid- I was craving the great outdoors!  I somehow managed to stay and did a 4 mile run, a 4 mile cycle and a 1 mile row, by the time I had finished I felt like I had done a Marathon! BORING!!!  It reminded me why I hadn't been in 3 months ...

Tonight I went for a run with my running buddy (for now!) and we were dead lucky!  It has rained all day and just before we were due to meet it decided to stop!  It was still cold and windy but at least we weren't wet! We chatted our way around and did a easy paced 5.04 miles, just as I got home the heavens opened again - how lucky were we?!  A quick dash home, a quick shower and I was out again - this time to Pilates!  It is usually hard going as its an advanced Pilates class but tonight it felt torturous after my run!  All good for the core muscles though!

To view my activities click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment