"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: 9.43 / 71 walking miles. 0/100 running miles - 161.57 miles to go!

Tuesday 1 May 2012

9.43 / 71 walking miles. 0/100 running miles - 161.57 miles to go!

I am trying a new motivational tool to see if it helps me keep on track better than I have been doing for my challenge 2012 miles in 2012!  Instead of waiting until the end of the month to see how I'm doing I will keep track on here by posting mileages achieved as I do them!!! My May goal is 100 running miles and 71 walking miles so lets see if this works.  Since jogging and blogging worked for me in January - Mayathon here we come!! I will jog or walk and blog everyday in May!


I set the ball rolling tonight with a walk (well half walk, half run!).  I have had really bad tummy pains for a couple of days and wasn't really in the mood to go out especially since it was cold and very windy, but the thought of the K2B being 11 days away and I didn't want to fail on Day one of Mayathon so off I went! Once I got going the weather wasn't the only windy thing but god did I feel better for it!! 


I walked for the first 5 miles, but then it started to get dark and the clouds looked like they were hiding alot of rain so I started to jog to try and avoid getting wet! I was pleased I did as I came across a man lurking by the side of the road which I was slightly nervous about and when I passed him he was actually having a wee on the grass verge!  NOT behind a tree, hedge or wall but in my full view. I'm glad I was running so I didn't have to stay around long!  I wondered if he was a flasher and picked up my pace just in case he turned out to be a nutter.  I had just started to relax again and had my heart rate back under control when I came across ANOTHER man doing exactly the same!  Why can't men keep it in their pants?  Why do they feel the need to flash it to the world! I wondered whether they were together and the first man had text ahead to his mate to give me a second thrill - NOT!!!  From this point onwards I ran all the way home - I didn't want any more sightings!!! I walked/ran 9.43 miles in 2 hours 4 minutes!

Day One Mayathon  Achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment