"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: VLM ballot entered...

Monday 30 April 2012

VLM ballot entered...

I don't know what I was thinking but I got up this morning and entered the London Marathon 2013 ballot! I know the chances of me getting in are slim but if I do get in I will be really, really ...scared!!!!  I won't find out until October so I need to forget about it until then!  Fingers, toes and everything else crossed!

So did I manage 24 miles on the last day of April?  Don't be silly -  of course not!

However, I did go for a lovely off-road run with my running friend Vicky.  The sun actually decided to shine and the only things we had to contend with were stiles, uneven ground and cows!!  I'm so pleased she is braver than me - she just approached the cows who were blocking the gate waving her arms and shouting like a maniac and they moved!  I would have turned around and gone back the way I came! However, 8 miles in the bag (felt more like 18!) and I feel so much better for it!  Together with my walk to work mileages I have achieved about 11 miles today, so about a half marathon short of my target!! Hey ho bring on May!
View today's miles here!


No comments:

Post a Comment