"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Cycling to suss out a run route!

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Cycling to suss out a run route!

I am doing a 10K run next week and decided that I would cycle the route to suss out the hills etc so I knew what to expect!


I cycled to the village where the run is starting and found the starting point no problem at all! I thought I followed the instructions but before I knew it I was back to the start line after doing a small circuit of the village!  I had a little chuckle to myself and set off again ... I thought I knew where I had gone wrong and went a different way! However, before long things started to look familiar and yet again I was back at the start! One last chance to get it right and then I was giving up! Thankfully I was third time lucky (I think!) and rode the 10K route before arriving back at the start!  I hope none of the villagers were watching me as I had a very distinctive Union Jack cycling top on and there would be no missing the fact I'd ridden around the village 3 times in a fairly short time!  One positive came out of it - the run didn't go up a huge hill I thought was included in the route (I don't think!), I will  be dismayed next week if I'm wrong and I do HAVE to get up the big hill!


I was enjoying the ride so much in the beautiful warm sun I decided not to go straight home after sussing out the route but extended my ride!   I am falling back in love with my bike!


I did just under 30 miles tonight and it can be viewed here!

No comments:

Post a Comment